Wednesday 18 February 2015

Final Digipak.



This is my final Digipak. I used a mixture of dark tones to try and create an edgy feel. I like the way its tired out. I think that to develop it I could change some of the colours in places, and change some of th enlaces in which the pictures are placed. I think that the tones work well because it isn't too dark but it isn't too bright, or 'pop'-like. I like the extra features, especially the dog tag, and i think it works well because you would normally associate the people who wear that type of thing as quite tough, which is great because people who listen to grunge/post grunge/rock are quite tough and butch so it works well; and for people who are not as tough, there is a lyric and chord book for those who want to have the softer approach on the genre and be more involved with it in general. I like the front cover because its simple but effective. I like how the woods are in the background, and contrast with the black cover. i think this worls with the typical conventions of post grunge; series and glum, but i changed it slightly by adding some swirly mist-like background over it to actually look eerie. The CD  is s representation of the band as a whole; messy and powerful. I put their signatures on the CD because i thought this would look cool and would work well because the signatures contrast with the blue and white background making them more prominent and important. Overall, i think that my digipak is good in relation to lack of skill on photoshop and i am quite proud with the finished product because i think that it  does reflect the typical post grunge genre well and effectively. 

No comments:

Post a Comment